In Arizona, after starting a new Home Insurance policy, the your insurance carrier will inspect the exterior of the dwelling, other structures, and surrounding property to determine condition and verify rating factors .
Customers are often unaware of this step and it’s important to know exactly what to expect from the inspection process. To help ensure the best possible experience, please be aware of the following:
- The inspection is generally completed within the first 30 to 45 days of the policy period.
- An appointment is NOT made in advance of the inspection.*
- The inspector will knock or ring the doorbell to announce the visit. The inspector will proceed if the insured is not home.
- Inspectors will comply with all trespassing laws in the event an insured is not home. The inspector will not enter a locked backyard but will attempt to complete as much of the inspection as he or she can.
- The inspection is exterior* only. It involves taking photographs and measurements of the property.
- Inspectors are contracted through a third-party vendor and carry identification but do not wear uniforms. They have the policy number and your agency’s name to reference with the policyholder.
- *Homes valued over $800,000 generally require an interior inspection, which requires scheduling an appointment with the homeowner. The inspector will take measurements and photos of both the interior and exterior of the home.
If you have questions about the home inspection process, please contact Simple Insurance:
(520) 308-5202 Info@Simple-AZ.com